Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vegenaise


Who's excited for another short product review?!?!

You are?  Well, fantastic!

One of the aspects of becoming a vegan is acclimating to vegan versions of dairy-based, egg-based, etc. products.  I have found quite a few vegan versions of "regular" (for the lack of a better word) products that have made the transition quite a bit easier. 

Vegenaise (by Follow Your Heart) is one of those products.  I never really consumed a lot of mayonnaise to begin with, but it's nice to have the option, right?  Not only is this vegan mayonnaise quite scrumptious, it is also cholesterol-free (no eggs)!!!  With that, you feel quite a bit less guilty about eating it (if you even ever feel guilty about eating anything - I don't).  

It does not taste like the egg-based concoction, but it still does not disappoint.  I am a tad hesitant to try other brands because I don't want to not like the other brand and have wasted the money.  Vegenaise isn't cheap, BUT once you buy a jar, it should last you for a while. 

From my many readings on vegan eating, nearly all of the cookbook authors, bloggers, internet sites, etc. have cited Vegenaise as THE egg-less mayonnaise they love. 

Eat it on a veggie sammie, dip some vegetables in it or simply snack on some with a spoon.

You will find it in the refrigerated section of your local (well-stocked) grocery store.  I buy it at Whole Foods.  I have enjoyed all of the varieties Vegenaise offers - original, organic & grapeseed oil. 

Let me know if you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment