Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Japanese Pan Noodles @ Noodles & Company

Good evening again!

One of my very favorite items to get when we are out to eat is the Japanese Pan Noodles at Noodles & Company.  I used to get the macaroni and cheese with the Parmesan-crusted chicken during my life as an omnivore.  Seeing as how that was no longer an option, I fretted with the possibility that I could no longer eat at this amazing restaurant.  After Googling vegan options at this place, I found this dish to be an option.  According to the website, it contains no milk products, eggs or meat (http://www.noodles.com/food/).  Click on the Asian tab and then click on this dish.

I was excited to try it.  I don't care for sprouts, so I left those off.  I was in Heaven when the first bite hit my tongue.  It was so good that I think I ate the whole thing too fast.  I love to add a bit (or a lot) of Sriracha sauce to this for some heat.

The dish contains some carrots, broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, udon noodles, and a few other items.  Yes, the sodium level will leave you aghast if you get the regular size.  Get the the small size, and you won't have to worry too much.  Both sizes contain virtually no saturated fats (regular size has 1g).  You just have to find the tradeoffs you are willing to take.  I still get the regular size, and I just watch what I eat the rest of the day (or before if I know we going for dinner). 

I do recommend this to anyone and everyone, unless those of you who are mandated by your doctor to watch your sodium levels.  :)

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment