Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quinoa Puttanesca

Hello!

This is the dish I made this evening.  I'm not going to lie; quinoa puttanesca sounded really iffy, but after I read the ingredients and the process of making it, I was on board.  The link for this recipe is actually on the Post Punk Kitchen's website: http://www.theppk.com/2007/11/quinoa-puttanesca/.  Yes, it is an Isa Chandra Moskowitz recipe (can't you see that she is a Goddess and a genius of vegan cuisine???). 

The recipe is from her book Appetite for Reduction, and you should buy it TODAY on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Reduction-Filling-Low-Fat-Recipes/dp/1600940498/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314321105&sr=8-1.

I think the fact that pasta puttanesca is the dish of Italian whores makes this dish all the more intriguing.  Maybe the substitution of quinoa for the pasta makes this dish less whore-ish?  What do you think?

I only had one change from the printed recipe:  I used green pitted olives from a can (a whole 16-ish ounce can) because I'm not a fan of black olives (recipe calls for kalamata).  I sliced them in half because "sliced in half is great".

Once it was all cooked and plated, it was a beautiful site. 


No comments:

Post a Comment