Monday, August 22, 2011

The Decision to Switch to Veganism

Hello, my readers!

I have started on a new journey.  I am going to make "the change" over to veganism.  I am doing it for health reasons.  I don't have any ailments or anything; I just want to live a healthier life with food.  I will try to do it quickly because I have a high success rate when I quit something cold turkey.  In this instance, it will be quitting meat, dairy, eggs, and all other things made with an animal ingredient.

I have dabbled in veganism before with making recipes that are completely free of any animal ingredients.  I have found this way of eating to be very fascinating, especially with the baking.  How can one have a cake or a brownie without eggs and milk?  It is possible, and the results are just as amazing!

I have to admit that it will take some getting used to because I have grown up eating meat and dairy.  Like most literature that I have read, cheese will be the most difficult item to eschew.  I think I can do it.  I know I can do it.

I will say that my favorite authors of vegan cookbooks are the following:

Isa Chandra Moskowitz - http://www.theppk.com/
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau - http://www.compassionatecooks.com/
Robin Robertson - http://www.globalvegankitchen.com/

I apologize for this entry being short, but I will expand upon this entry with subsequent entries that will feature recipes from the above authors/vegan chefs, as well as others.  I will have to get used to this way of eating (for the lack of a better phrase) before I try to create my own recipes.

If anyone who reads this post has any suggestions or any comments regarding this, please feel free to comment.  I will respond if needed.  :)

Let the journey begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment