Monday, August 22, 2011

Chickpea Broccoli Casserole

Hello, again!

For my first dinner in my new life as a vegan (working towards veganism), I made chickpea broccoli casserole.

The recipe is found in Vegan With A Vengeance by the lovely and always entertaining Isa Chandra Moskowitz (Buy it on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Vengeance-Delicious-Animal-Free-Recipes/dp/1569243581/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1314057817&sr=8-6).  How do I know she's entertaining?  Well, I don't know her personally, but I would love to meet her!  The descriptions she puts before the recipes in her cookbooks can contain humor, and I really appreciate that.

I can actually read her cookbooks.  She is one of my favorite cookbook authors (vegan, vegetarian or omnivore).  I have all of her cookbooks, and I enjoy looking at them quite often.

This recipe looked really delicious as I was reading it, trying to find recipes to make for the week.  I have never not liked any of her recipes.

I found a link for it online - http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/eating/recipes/entrees/chickpea_broccoli_casserole.html.

I made the recipe as is, except I left out the chives and onion.  As some of you will know if you have read some of my past blog entries, I despise onions.  With that said, the casserole turned out to be very delicious.  The two other people that ate it loved it a lot as well. 

When you add the salt, I added a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of freshly-ground black pepper and about a teaspoon and a half of red pepper flakes.  I do love heat!  You can, of course, adjust this to fit your tastes.  I would have added a lot more red pepper, but other people were eating this.  I wanted them to enjoy it and not have their mouths be on fire!

Let me know what you think!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment