Thursday, March 31, 2011

Punjabi Quesadillas Part II

Good morning!

For dinner last night, I cooked the Punjabi quesadillas again.  You can refer to my blog entry on January 26, 2011 for the link to the recipe and for a short explanation.

I thought I would expand on that entry a little bit here.

The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, but I used 2 teaspoons ground coriander. 

Instead of Spanish paprika, I used Hungarian paprika.

For the salt, I used fine sea salt.

For the yogurt, I used low-fat plain yogurt.

Because I didn't include the onions, I sauteed the garlic and ginger in 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil for about 45 seconds and then I proceeded with the rest of the recipe. 

I like a lot of cheese, so I covered each tortilla with chicken mixture in cheese. 

For the oil to brush each tortilla, I used safflower mainly because I had it to use up, and it has a high smoke point as well.

These quesadillas are quite yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment