Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lemon Lime Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa

Good evening!

Tonight, I made lemon lime chicken tacos with a mango salsa. 

The recipe for the tacos was found online: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chicken-tacos/Detail.aspx.
I followed the recipe on this one.  I have made these before, and I really enjoyed them.  The toppings are your choice, of course, but I thought a mango salsa would be very nice for these.

The mango salsa is my own idea twisted with ideas from Ellie Krieger and Robin Miller (both of the Food Network).  The recipe is as follows:

1 mango - peeled and chopped into small cubes
1/2 cucumber - peeled, sliced into 1/3" pieces, and those pieces quartered
1 jalapeno - seeded, de-ribbed & minced
2 tbsp. cilantro - chopped
Juice & zest of 1 lime
Salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.  Adjust seasonings to taste.

Top tacos with the salsa and/or other ingredients, including, but not limited to: lettuce, tomatoes, onions (ew), sour cream, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment