Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bell Pepper Pizzas

Hi, my faithful readers!

This evening, I made some pizzas with bell peppers.  I bought some whole grain flatbread for the crust.  I put the crust onto a baking sheet then I brushed on some garlic and red pepper flake infused olive oil.  To make this, just put some olive oil in a small pot and heat it on medium low.  Throw in some smashed garlic cloves and a pinch of red pepper flakes and heat til it is fragrant.  Remove from the heat and let it sit until you are ready to use it.

Start assembling by sprinkling on some shredded cheese.  I used mozzarella.  I put on some dried oregano that I crushed between my fingers as I sprinkled it on the crust.  Then I layered on some red, orange and yellow bell peppers and poblano peppers that I cut into strips. I sprinkled on some more red pepper flakes and put some more mozzarella cheese on top.  Be careful not to put too much on because the crust won't crisp up.  I topped it off with some freshly ground black pepper and put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.

The end result is below.  It is a colorful and tasteful pizza that will leave you satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment