Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gruyere & Extra Sharp White Cheddar Mac 'N Cheese

Who doesn't love macaroni and cheese?  I guess the people that don't like cheese, but still.  Macaroni and cheese is not a dish for anyone that is on a diet (obviously), but it is SOOOO worth it!

This dish is slightly adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe called Macaroni and Cheese with Ham:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/macaroni-and-cheese-with-ham-recipe/index.html

My variations:

*Instead of cavatappi, I used what looks like a stretched fusilli (the corkscrew pasta).  I cannot remember the name of it (because I have the memory of a squirrel), but it looks like a stretched corkscrew.  The recipe says you can use any short cut pasta, so penne is another good substitute. 
*I used chicken broth instead of chicken stock because mainly because broth is cheaper....
*I used extra sharp white cheddar cheese (instead of just sharp).
*I did not include the ham

It is a pretty simple recipe to make, and the mustard makes it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment