Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rotini with Creamy Avocado-Herb Sauce

Good evening!

I know it's been a while since I last made a post, especially on a recipe.  Tonight's dinner really warranted a blog entry, and I am beyond happy with how it turned out.

As you may know, I go through cookbooks after I buy them and write down all the recipes that look/sound delicious on sheets of paper.  When we (my boyfriend and me) are determining dinners for the week, we refer to these sheets. 

I had recently purchased the newly-released book Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson.
Buy it on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Fix-Vegan-Healthy-Homestyle-Minutes/dp/1449407854/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320364179&sr=8-1


I must say that I wrote down nearly every recipe as one I would like to try.  One of the recipes we picked out to make this week was "Rotini with Creamy Avocado-Herb Sauce", and it was phenomenal.

It is quite an easy recipe without a lot of fuss.  I don't like making food that is really involved on the weeknights.  The weekends are a different story, of course.  You really only cook the noodles in salted, boiling water and make the sauce in a food processor or blender.  You then drain the noodles, pour the noodles back in the pot they were boiled in and add the sauce & stir.  It is that easy!

My on-the-spot changes:

*I used whole grain rotini (not so much a change as a choice).
*I used 5 cloves of garlic.  Who doesn't love garlic?  Those that are allergic, I guess....
*I left out the chives because I don't like them.
*I used dried thyme (about half the amount of the fresh).
*I used half the amount of olive oil (to cut down on calories) & subbed additional lemon juice.

I highly recommend buying this book and making this recipe first! 

Picture of the dish:

It may not look that great, but it sure does taste great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment