Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Artichoke Risotto

Good evening!

I was really feeling a risotto dish this week, so I decided to make this recipe that I have made many times before.  The dish, "Italian Truck-Stop Artichoke Risotto", is from the book 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson.  It is an AMAZING book, and it has so many recipes that is sure to please any person out there.  I highly recommend purchasing this book.  Here is the link for it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/000-Vegan-Recipes/dp/0470085029/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311813974&sr=8-1


I was able to locate the recipe online:

http://books.google.com/books?id=jeFz24WOHq8C&pg=PA274&lpg=PA274&dq=robin+robertson+artichoke+risotto&source=bl&ots=iH5CRFgDDk&sig=tUz5u9CNLyehN1X8wrdEg5dPhlY&hl=en&ei=2awwTvakK5GisQLBh-HjCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

It is a pretty straight-forward recipe that is kind of difficult to mess up.  Instead of the frozen artichokes, I used a can of quartered artichokes packed in water - the chopping is already done!  I didn't include the basil because I didn't feel like buying fresh basil at the store.  I threw in some red pepper flakes (as well as the salt & pepper) before the last addition of the stock/broth.

Like I have mentioned in my other posts with risottos, you have to babysit the rice as it cooks and constantly stir it in order to develop the starches and get the broth absorbed.  Patience is a virtue, and I don't really have any.  With food, however, I will wait for a fantastic dish.

The result is out of this world.  The risotto is so creamy and delicious that it isn't funny.  I love all risottos that I have made or tried.  I (and Robin Robertson) hope you like this one too!


No comments:

Post a Comment