Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken Salad

Good evening!

So, I had some grapes; some apples; some bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts; some mayo...get the picture?  What does all of that make?  Chicken salad, of course!

I like making my own chicken salad because the premade stuff or the stuff found at restaurants can be pretty heavy and virtually flavorless, not to mention containing celery!

This recipe was inspired by Ina Garten's recipe called "Chicken Salad Veronique", and it is found on the Food Network website:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-salad-veronique-recipe/index.html.  It is also found in her book Barefoot Contessa At Home

What I did differently is I left out the celery because celery is pretty gross.  I used green and red grapes, and I added a couple diced apples (of your choice) in place of the celery.  In addition, I used dried tarragon, about 1/2 tablespoon.  Throwing in a dash or two (or three) of cayenne doesn't hurt either!  You can eat this by itself, or you can eat it as a sandwich in between two slices of whole grain bread, for instance.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment